Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Panasonic NNSD681S Microwave I bought new 3.5 years

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic NNSD681S Microwave I bought new 3.5 years ago and it died on me. I can set the time to cook and then push start and I can see the clock to start to count down about five seconds and then it goes blank. Also during that time normally I would hear the motor and fan start to turn but now nothing, no sound at all, just the clock counting down until it sees the error and goes blank. I have reset the controller many times as well as unplugged it but all the same result. No fan or motor sounds and the clock after counting down a bit just turns off.
Do you know what part failed or what to test for so I can fix this?
Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

This may be one of the door interlocks

To be able to test this you would need to remove the cabinet and test the switches with a multimeter

I have to tell you that components inside are capable of storing a lethal charge so if you proceed to test this you should do this with extreme caution

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If it was the door interlock it would not start the count down and give error by going blank. I am looking for more specific information to fix this or it is not worth the money to pay for this advice. Thank you
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Sorry, one of the door switches can still operate the clock

However, Ill be happy to opt out. Maybe someone else will assist you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was skeptical of the door switch but I did go ahead and test it yesterday to rule it out and both switches metered fine. I also jumpered them and tried to start it with the same problems. Today I dropped it off at the Panasonic service center as I do not have time to play with this anymore, the wife wants it back now.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.

Yes understood I am a different tech that will need a new board to fix that issue, was a very common problem

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
understood I am a different tech that will need a new board to fix that issue, was a very common problem"This is what i expected from this service, this is my first and last time for this service. What I wanted when I submitted this case was someone that knows this product to tell me the problem from their experience and then tell me what board to get and even better yet the part number of that board.