Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dryer wont run...drum is stuck, motor wants go move, but

Customer Question

Dryer wont run...drum is stuck, motor wants go move, but just hums....has led, push the 2 buttons for the code, I get LOC... What is that?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

LOC just means you locked the control panel. Press and hold the OPTIONS and SELECT buttons together for 5 seconds to remove the control lock.

As for your real issue, either the motor has failed or the drum is jammed because the motor is definitely getting power or it wouldn't hum. You'll need to take the dryer apart. Look for something jamming the drum and if you find nothing, replace the motor.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?