Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Fisher & Paykel single drawer dishwasher with a

Customer Question

I have a Fisher & Paykel single drawer dishwasher with a code of e4. States heating element failed. Is there a way to rest this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Other than trying to unplug the dishwasher for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset, this not not something that can be reset. If that doesn't work the heater plate in the bottom of the drawer will need to be replaced and that is a rather difficult job to do since the drawer must be pulled out and all the hoses/wiring must be re-routed properly so that the drawer can push back again when the job is completed. Even technicians have a difficult time with this unless they've done it many times because twisting the hoses and cables just right so that it folds up properly can be quite difficult.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?