kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 10,000 home appliance repairs, manages and runs my own company.
64161474

I cleaned my samsung fridge and I kept it ajar while. Now is

Customer Question

I cleaned my samsung fridge and I kept it ajar for a while. Now is on but not cooling. It is a frech door freezer in bottom and display and buttons is inside top.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is***** will be helping you today. When you leave a refrigerator open what happens is hot air gets inside the unit and frosts up in baffle area and doesn't allow air to circulate with your fan. The easiest way to fix this is to shut it off for a good 10-12 hours. If you want to manually do it, it will take about 2 hours to complete. If you want to manually do it I can tell you how but if you dont have much experience with refrigeration I wuold recommend shutting it off to prevent you from damaging the unit.

If I have answered your question please accept and rate the question. If you are going to leave negative feedback pelase message me first. It is my job to ensure you are fully satisfied.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
unplug until tomorrow 7 am
Expert:  kingmz replied 2 years ago.

Unplug it, leave all doors open and have a place to store your food and you will be good to go. Make sure to allow 24 hours after you plug it in for it to get back to the proper temperature.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marcus!I pluged the fridge and it sounds on but the light doesnt turn on can they posibly be burned out. The are kinda blue but I can see a dark spot on both of them under the filament. I can just go buy them to home depot
Expert:  kingmz replied 2 years ago.

Once the temperature returns to normal the lights will turn back on.

Expert:  kingmz replied 2 years ago.

Do you have any more questions? If I have answered your question please hit the accept and rate button. Have a good weekend.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey thanks for the info fridge is working fine but ligths never went on. I replaced them but still dont turn on.
Expert:  kingmz replied 2 years ago.

There's a few reasons why that would happen. Your door switch can be stuck closed, the door switch is bad, the light bulb socket can be bad, a wire could be loose in that socket or lastly the board is bad. Locate the door switch and make sure you press it in and out and its responsive. I'm going to look up a few things.

Expert:  kingmz replied 2 years ago.

Could you locate the model number please, it will be located inside the fresh food section on a sticker.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is RF266ABPN
Expert:  kingmz replied 2 years ago.

Just to confirm its the fresh food lights or the freezer lights?

Expert:  kingmz replied 2 years ago.

I want you to find this switch and tell me if you can push it in freely. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Switch/DA3410120E/2030445?ss=-x64613334313031323065&mr=0