Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My emerson portable ice maker pumps water into ice making

Customer Question

my emerson portable ice maker pumps water into ice making tray and then red light comes on saying to add water and there is plenty in the resevoir
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay inreplying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Rob, still looking for a solution. Vinegar has not done the job. Still showing red light to add water when plenty is in reservoir.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Ihave put a call out for the schematics of this machine

WhileIm waiting Ill opt out.

Thismeans that if someone else has this information, they will respond toyou directly.

Inthe meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as thiswill lock your question

Thanks

Rob

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

This is a common issue watch this three part video to fix that error you need tools and have to be handy to fix this issue.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have seen the first one, the second told me no more than my 8 year old nephew would tell me, and the third, I do not need a review of models, I need mine fixed. I took off cover, plastic is not broken, water not leaking. I am mechanical. Needs water light comes on when ice making reservoir is full. Somewhere there is a sensor saying I need water and I do not. Plenty of water in main reservoir. Come guys, where is the sensor and how does one get a new one and replace it. Need help there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.