Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an Kenmore Ultra wash QuietGaurd Deluxe Dishwasher.

Customer Question

I have an Kenmore Ultra wash QuietGaurd Deluxe Dishwasher. If, I touch the "Pots & Pan" button, that and the "Heated Dry" panel light comes on for 30 sec., then goes out without any further response. The pump does not discharge, nothing. I have changed out the control panel, thermal fuse in the control panel and the start up motor capacitator only to have the same symptoms. Model 665.13843K601
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Since many people switch out the term "control panel" for the control board, what part number did you replace exactly?

Also, the fuse cuts power to the entire unit so nothing will ever light up---that definitely isn't your issue.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Did you try to reply to me? If so, then it never came though. I have a notification to respond to you but since I don't see a reply I'm not sure what to say.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whirlpool W10084141 Electronic Control Board for Dishwasher
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

That is your problem, the control board can't possibly cause this issue. The only 2 things that can cause your problem are the door switch or the control panel (that is the touch control panel NOT the control board). The dishwasher shuts off after a certain amount of time if it doesn't think you pressed the start button after selecting the cycle. That means that either the start button has failed, or it doesn't think the door has shut to start the cycle. To determine which one is faulty, just turn the dishwasher off so no lights are illuminated. Then press the start button. Do the lights on the control panel light up? If not, replace the touch control panel because the start button has failed. If the lights do light up, then replace the door latch switch because it doesn't think the door is shut.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not yet received the touch key pad as you have suggested, so I can not rate your service till I install and run the dishwasher. Thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

ok...