Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a model SHE8ER55UC and in the last few weeks we have

Customer Question

We have a model SHE8ER55UC and in the last few weeks we have noted that it just doesn't clean as well any more. I must admit that we have never added the salt as suggested in the Operating Instructions.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Good cleaning results require basically three things; detergent, hot water and good water recirculation pressure. If the results have diminished, you are missing on of those things. I suspect water level or temperature or wash pressure is to blame. If you open the door mid cycle, is the water hot and steamy and at an adequate level?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kelly: Thanks for your response and the water is hot and there appears to be enough water, but how do you measure that?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

There should be about 1.5" of water in the tub when the door is opened. Do you live in an area with hard water?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kelly: Yes, we have hard water in Sonoma. We have never used the dishwater salt and have ordered some from Bosch.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Pour about 1 gallon of white distilled vinegar in the tub and allow it to sit for a few hours and then run a full cycle and see if the results improve. The minerals may have built up in the sump and are restricting the water recirculation.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Kelly! I'll try that this weekend!
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

You bet, keep me posted!