Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

When I close the door and initiate a cycle the door lock

Customer Question

When I close the door and initiate a cycle the door lock light comes on indicating the door is locked but the cycle never starts. Water supply in on, hose not restricted. One other interesting point...even though the door lock light is on, I can still open the door...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Ok so we know you have an issue with the door latch lock assembly .

I recommend replacing it and then going from there.

I suspect it is faulty and giving false signals to the control board.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Lock/WH10X10003/824420?rcaid=1000070

If you have any questions just reply back.