Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I keep getting this error message, f7 on the ge profile xl44

Customer Question

I keep getting this error message, f7 on the ge profile xl44 model,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

The issue is the F7 code means you need a new touchpad. They would often fail on that unit. The bad news is the pad is no longer available..here is the part number..WB57K10048. You can try to disconnect the membrane ribbon cable from the board and reseat it but I think you need to start looking for a new oven unless you can find that part on EBAY or elsewhere. Sorry for the news please do not rate me poorly due to the issue. Thanks and try to have a Happy Labor Day!

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. So I won't be able to use the oven but I can use the stove top notwithstanding the beeping?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I detach it?

If you want you need to remove the back panel on the unit and unplug the L1 connector.on the clock control that will kill the beeping. If it is not labeled it should be the big black and white wires going to the board.

All I ask is please rate my service with the star rating link on the top of your page thank you