Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a craftsman die hard garage door opener with battery

Customer Question

I have a craftsman die hard garage door opener with battery back up (model 139.53918D). The battery has failed and I have ordered a replacement. I put a voltmeter on the battery leads from the opener, expecting to see 12-13vdc charging potential, but found no charging voltage. (opener is plugged in). Questions: Am I right in expecting to see a charging potential at these two plugs? If there is a fault within the opener that is failing to charge the battery, what card/part/part number do I need? Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

This is a common failure on that unit. The logic board is bad. Replace this part to get the battery to charge again.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks