Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We purchased a Samsung 24.7 side by side refrigerator

Customer Question

We purchased a Samsung 24.7 side by side refrigerator #RH25H5611SR. The item was delivered to our home and works well, however, the water/ice dispenser continues to drip when in use.....so much so I have taken to using a folded paper towel so the water doesn't drip down the front of the door. The tech during the install said this problem should resolve itself after a week or so. The frig has been in use now for approximately one month and is getting worse....so much so that I am beginning to regret my choice of this brand of appliance....Is there a fix to this problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

The issue is repairable, two things can cause this issue. Either the water valve is leaking through or one of the John Guest fittings is loose or leaking. If it stops dripping at one point after use and does not drip over night it is likely a loose or bad Jon Guest fitting...like this CLICK HERE

If any of the tubing is loose or not seated perfectly in the fitting the unit will draw a small amount of air through the fitting after it is shut off causing the water in the tube to run out like when you put your finger on a straw and lift up you hold all the liquid in the straw if you let it off at all the water starts to run out..same principle here. I would suggest calling under warranty to get this fixed as it is repairable and just needs either a valve or a new fitting.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks