Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The refrigerator runs all the time, but does not cool at

Customer Question

The refrigerator runs all the time, but does not cool at all. I changed the capacitor but did not help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you touch the big black round compressor down below the refrigerator in the back, is it warm, blazing hot, or room temperature?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure, I have had it unplugged for several days now
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You'll need to plug it in, wait 5 hours or so, then check and reply back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I get the same technician? I will plug in now and contact later.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, just reply back on this same question you started now so you are not charged again for starting a new question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how would I log in again for the same question?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

bookmark the page

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I book mark
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry we are getting nowhere so I'm going to opt out and wish you the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I plugged in and the fan runs however the compressor kicks in but turns off in about 15 seconds
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I have opted out but hopefully someone else can help you from here on out.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

EIther the compressor is bad or the relay that is attached to the compressor is bad. That is the relay that slides onto the left side of the compressor. I would replace that and if the compressor does not run for more than 15 seconds still you have a bad compressor and that would be the reason for the unit not cooling at all.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks