Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

My refrigerator is beeping .. Every few minutes... Sounds

Customer Question

My refrigerator is beeping .. Every few minutes... Sounds like a battery in a smoke alarm.. I called a service company that advertises working on kitchenaid appliances.. He came .. Told me to cut power to fridge for 30 minutes.. That it would reset itself.. IT DID NOT.. I called back and the lady tells me to google it.. Heavens ... If I needed to google .. Why be in business?? Please help!!!!!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 2 years ago.

Hello, this is Dave. There are several alarms that could cause this. There is an open door alarm but that would cause the lights and display to go out. There is also an over temperature alarm. Could you take temperatures in the refrig in a glas of water and between packages in the freezer to see if it starting to warm?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dave ..should I turn the tempature down in the fridge.. if so to what should it be set on .. it was on 45 in the fridge and 9 in freezer... I haven't done the water test yet.. it may take a few days to get those for you ..thank you for trying

Thanks. It may not be over temperature but we need to check this to be sure. It could be a bad control but let's get temperatures first.