Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Thick hardwood flooring now traps the Whirlpool Gold Quiet

Customer Question

Thick hardwood flooring now traps the Whirlpool Gold Quiet Partner III dishwasher (Model# *****). I have 33 1/2 inches from floor surface to under counter. Protected floor with formica laminate sheet. So tight it took a half hour to get the DW wiggled out after retracting the front leveling feet all the way up and barely cleared the thin protecting laminate shield. Now there are what look like twin white plastic rollers (a pair) on each back corner. These rollers are now butted up to the edge of the hardwood flooring. There is almost no clearance between the top of the DW and underneath the counter.
Generic installation for other whirlpools with closely numbered model #'s say 33 1/2 inch is minimum if wheels are REMOVED. Well, it's more than clear they were never removed. Does this mean the back wheels are not adjustable but only removable. If so, please help me figure this out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 2 years ago.

Hello, thi is Dave. There are three posiions for the rear rollers The rear location is the shortest. Does your hardwood floor extend under the dishwasher all the way or just the very front?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dave,
The hardwood flooring edge is even with the recessed toe kick line.. just to the very front as you have stated.

Okay, what they needed to do was to leave the rear wheels on since the back area.without the hardwood is lower than the front. This is only a problem when you need to pull it out. If you take the wheels off you will need to put something under the rear corners to bring it up equal to the front.

Do you have more questions on your dishwasher?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear *****,
My dishwasher was trapped as I explained. My question asked whether the wheels could be adjustable or removable. For the possibility of future questions that may be similar, I handled (no hack saw frame) a hack saw blade and made four cuts. Each cut removed a back wheel. When each wheel was severed at the in side of each wheel there were none of the four wheels to interfere with the dishwasher sliding out of the space where the appliance was trapped/installed.I have not used JustAnswer before. This was not what I would call a very successful interaction. I was hoping for a way to eliminate the wheels by adjusting them up or removing them somehow. I felt I had all ready explained the answer to your question regarding the location of the edge of the hardwood.Anyway, I had to proceed without a clear idea in my mind what was necessary. It is pretty frustrating thinking my credit card might be dinged when I don't think you were much help to me in this case. Please don't take it personally but I feel that I can't pay/play this one through. Can you keep the appointment fee and dismiss the rest?
Sincerely,
Kim Lougheed

I guess we made too many assumptions. I thought I explained that the wheels pulled out and could be set in several positions or even removed. You can request a refund or just not rate and I won't be paid.