Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE Monogram side by side. Unfortunately a water

Customer Question
I have a GE Monogram...
I have a GE Monogram side by side. Unfortunately a water leak has developed.
When the frig door is open the appears to be coming from the top of the door jam.
I opened the upper SS door to look on top of the door but found no leak
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/5/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

Do you have the complete model number off the unit?

I dont have the model number, must be in the back of the unit

It should be on the ceiling, wall or door frame edge down low on the unit when you open the refrigerator door.

it is noticeable when the door is open and you look up at the upper door jam

Can you upload a picture of where it is leaking? I really need a model to assist you better as there are a ton of GE Monogram units.

I have a photo but how do I upload it here
I figured out how to post the photo...one minute please

ok no problem

I cant upload the photo

HMMMMM you should be able to use the paperclip attachment?

do you have an email?
are you there
im cancelling this dialog...dont charge me since I have not recieved ny guidance

Ok no problem without a model number or pictures I really would be of little help thanks for trying.

Appliance Technician: Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician

I'm a different tech . You may have one of the Monograms that has a problem with "mullion condensation" The mullion is the part of the refrigerator where the door gaskets touch the fridge . There is a kit to correct this , but it only applies to certain models , so I need your model number -- forget the picture -- just type me the model number , normally they start with the letter Z Need complete model number.

Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician