Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag washer that stopped out of balance and now

Customer Question
won't do anything? Flipped fuse...
I have a Maytag washer that stopped out of balance and now won't do anything? Flipped fuse box, nothing, water won't come in, dead, no sound....
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/5/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Raise the lid all the way and then close it. Older models need the lid switch bracket reset.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Lid thing didn't work..
LAT9304AAE

Number 31 at the link below is the out of balance switch lever. If it did not reset, you will need to remove the inside screws from the timer console cover and remove that top cover. Then, you will see the lid switch and can reset the lever so it is able to actuate the lid switch again. Be sure to unplug the washer before removing that cover!

CLICK HERE

Ok the cover is off...31 looks like a wire...how in the hell do I find that?

It is a thick metal bar, it should be right under the lid switch. See the picture at the link below. It should say number 11, my apologies.

CLICK HERE

Number 31 is the entire assembly.

sorry, what piece do I take off...I am looking at the part that houses the controls...is it there?

The metal bar goes in between the large lid switch, number 16 and the smaller switch (number 5). It should be right under that switch assembly.

Do I have to take off the washing machine lid to get to the switch assembly

No, just the cover that is on the timer console. Take the inside screws off and it will come off.

I have an emergency I need to tend to. I am going to place your question back to the list for others to see and they will step in. I am very sorry.

I am back if you are still needing assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician