Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE dishwasher (Model # PDW8680NOOSS). A part fell

Customer Question

Hi, I have a GE dishwasher (Model # *****). A part fell off and I can't attach it. It was located on the lower part of the inside door below the Smart Dispenser. The part that fell off is a small circular type of cap. it has an attachment on the other side that spins. It covered a small hole, but I don't know how to attach it and I don't know what it is for. Can I use my dishwasher without it? Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Do you see the part that fell off in the diagram at the link below?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, when facing the dishwasher and opening the door, it is on the lower right side of the door below the smart dispenser. It isn't even shown in my manual, so that's why I don't know what it is for and if it's necessary.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just realized it's one of the wheels on the lower cart. I thought it fell off the hole. I probed the hole and it is kind of a shallow rubber (gasket?), but it's sealed. I never noticed it before, so when this wheel fell off, I thought it was covering that hole. I think everything is okay.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I would agree, other than the rack may fall to one side when moving it. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great evening!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I can re-attach it. Thank you and you have a great evening, too! Is there a charge for this?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You may contact customer service for a refund of your deposit, if you wish.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I only have access to the question, no account access at all.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, take care!