Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I purchased a new Kitchen Aid Dishwasher KDTM354DSS-S/S43db

Customer Question
I purchased a new Kitchen...
I purchased a new Kitchen Aid Dishwasher KDTM354DSS-S/S43db 6-CYC/7-OPT/ProWash/43DBA. when I open the door it makes a noise at the bottom of the door...... sounds like a flexible piece of material (width of the door catches briefly and releases from a fixed channel) each time the door is opened. I have removed the machine from under the counter. Waiting for your directions......... Brad
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/3/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

Brad this issue is actually fairly common, just ran into this on the same unit. If you want to fix it you need to remove the innner panel screws on the door to separate the door panel from the front panel. Once off you will see a white piece of plastic spanning the length of the inner door near the bottom. For whatever reason whoever installed it at the factory left the left or right side too low. Normally it is the left side. Take the screw out raise the plastic and punch a new hole in the plastic lining it up with the screw hole that will fix it.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

This problem was exactly as I described the problem to be..... The answer offered Confirmation. I had planned to remove the cover of the door to gain access to the problem. After paying what I did for the machine+warranty I am OK with the $5.00 charge. I still have to fool around and do repair myself. Thanks for your response.

No problem all I ask is please use the star rating link to rate my service before leaving thank you!

I would offer a Top star rating... Quick response and Confirmation of problem. Would be nice to NOT have to dig into dishwasher to do repair..... Bran New Machine!

Yes I agree totally, the rating is just for me to get credit through the site is all, otherwise I get no credit for being on. Thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician