Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My daughter has a whirlpool duet htc washer. She had an

Customer Question

My daughter has a whirlpool duet htc washer. She had an error message on it today that said F70. She unplugged the machine for about 3 hours. When she plugged it back in all she gets is a beeping noise when she pushes on. Any idea what might be wrong.
Thanks,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Is it three fast beeps with no display?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you remove the top from the machine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the model number on the back of the machine?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

No, it should be right inside the door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The numbers she sent me are: 817 the word LACK 088 WT/CR 30561 el: 32141 857008897001
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It will look like WFW9400SW00

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a front load machine. where would this number be?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Whatever the model, that error means that communication was lost between the User Interface and the main Central Control Unit.

The model number will be on a tag around the opening once the door is opened.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The CCU will most likely need to be replaced. With that model number, I can get you a link to it and specific installation instructions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number is WFW9400SW01 Ser#CSW4212606 Type 199 88 WT/CR Sorry for the delay. My daughter has 2 small babies and was trying to do this and take care of them sorry.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

No problem at all! Give me just a few minutes to prepare the information for you, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The main CCU (Central Control Unit) is shown as number 14 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

It is accessed by removing the screws from the back of the top panel and sliding the top back and lifting it off. Once the top is off, that control is mounted at the top in the right front corner of the machine. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy install. Of course, be sure the machine is unplugged before removing the top.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY![

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, thank you!