Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an LG french door fridge model lfx31925st purchased

Customer Question

Hi I have an LG french door fridge model lfx31925st purchased two years ago. After a year and a month, we had to replace the fan and the motherboard! Now a year later, started hearing the fan running rough like the first time last year which prompted us to call a repairman.
Today there is an error code on the panel the refridgerator says ER and the freezer says RF. I cannot access anything else on the panel. Fridge is definitely not cooling and don't this freezer is either. I put my ear to the fridge and hear like maybe a sound of water but slightly.
Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Error Er RF means that your refrigerator fan motor is not running properly. Usually this is just ice built up hitting the fan blade which you can thaw out and it'll work like normal. You'll need to pull everything out of the refrigerator section and remove the center white plastic cover/vent panel. Behind here is a fan motor. Below the fan will likely be ice. Use a hair dryer to thaw all the ice out and you should be good to go again. Just unplug the refrigerator while working on it and plug it back in when you're done and that should reset the error. If for some reason there is no ice, hitting the fan, then the fan motor would just need to be replaced. Below is a link to that part.

CLICK HERE for fan motor

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.