Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

LG Electric Range: LRE30453ST-01. Everything on the top

Customer Question
LG Electric Range: LRE30453ST-01...
LG Electric Range: LRE30453ST-01. Everything on the top surface works fine.
When I start the oven, and set the temp at, say 375, and then hit the start
button, it starts to heat. At this point all is good.
At some point between 100 deg and 375 deg, it stops heating. It never make it to the
set temp. No fault code, just a warm oven. I did an Ohm check on the temp sensor
and it read 1100 ohms.
Now what?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/2/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thank you for using this service, please be patient as it takes time for me to type, add links and research your issue. I will get back to you as soon as I can thanks!

Can you verify the bake element is glowing red?

If not check if the broil element is red when set to broil..thanks

Broil is red hot. Can't see bake element as it is under
the floor of the oven, out of site.

Yes I think the bake element is burned out or the bake relay is bad on the control board. Check the element you will likely find out it is burned out this happens all the time.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service before leaving, that will credit me for helping you and let you get directly back to me in the future anytime for FREE followup questions.Thanks

Just started the bake cycle, and the oven is warming, like last time. If the bake element can fail AFTER it starts
to warm then maybe it is bad. If not, must be bake relay on control board.
Can the relay be replaced itself, or must the entire control board be replaced?

Can you get me the complete model number?

The teat from above was a cold start to 350. Oven came on but stopped about 300.
Will check back later. Wife has work for me to do.
Later.

OK just get a hold of me later after you check the heating element out.

LG Electric Range
Mod; LRE30453ST-01
S/N; 008MMES01292
Dom; Aug. 2010

OK are you able to check the element out?

Will work on it in a day or so. I will advise. Later

Ok sounds good!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician