Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a gaggenau warming drawer and worked fine longest

Customer Question
I have a gaggenau warming...
I have a gaggenau warming drawer and worked fine for the longest time now seems to have really kicked up the heat so dishes are to hit to handle. Adjusting the setting dial doesn't seem to help. Almost like it is stuck on high all the time now and humms. Any suggestions as to what might be wrong?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/2/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The control that adjusts temperature may be faulty or a relay has welded closed and will not allow the element to shut off. Do you have a meter to test with?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

What kind of a meter would I need as I can get one. And how do I test it? The drawer is at my mother's and I'm not there right now and I'm not sure she has a book as its a demo model she ended up with a couple years ago. Where on the unit would I find the model number? Another I should add is the light on the front of the unit no longer comes on and when I tried it today it just heated up so hot it was unbearable to touch.

It sounds like a relay has closed. Any meter that will test continuity and voltage will work fine. The model tag should be visible from the front without removing the unit, The drawer may pull out to show it or the door lift, depending on the model.

WD140 is the model number. I do have a meter. What setting should it be on and where do I test. Thx for all the help.

That model is not coming up. Is that from the model tag? Are you in the US?

That is not coming up as a good number anywhere. I will place your question back to the list in case another may have information on it or know what the actual model may be. Gaggenau is not recognizing that as a valid model.

Does anyone have any idea what to do with this warming drawer?
Kelly, Appliance Technician