Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I ave a GE microware oven Model PVM1870SM1SS serial

Customer Question

I ave a GE microware oven Model PVM1870SM1SS serial GR902260B
Have had problems for a long time now with the key boad not accepting
input. I used to recycle the power but now that doesn't work Now unable to enter any command.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you're not getting an F3 on the display, then the touchpad has NOT failed because if your touchpad fails you get an F3 error on the display. You will want to remove the screws going into the vent above the door and remove the vent panel. That will expose a screw at the top of the control board. Unplug the microwave, remove that screw, and the control panel will slide up and pull forward and down. Now you can unplug the ribbon cable from the touchpad to the display board and try to re-insert it in case it's just making a poor connection. If that doesn't work, your display board has failed so below is a link to the display board you'll need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for display board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to get in touch with a GE tech. He came to the house and had to order parts. They are supposed
to arrive next week and be replaced.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Alright sounds good, Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.