Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Amana gas dryer wont start I have replaced the door switch

Customer Question
amana gas dryer wont start...
amana gas dryer wont start I have replaced the door switch and thermal fuse. model ngd7200tw
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/29/2015
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Do you have a Volt -Ohm meter and know how to use it?

I have one but do not know how to use it.

ok When you turn the dryer on and press start does the time display count down ? and of course it will take at least 1 minute for you to see if it does or not.

When you turn the dryer on . It lights up and you can turn the knob to the setting you want. The amount of time shows up. Then when you push the start button, It has a continuel beep and flashes an E5. The top of the E is missing. And it does not start

Ok That is ts and that is an error code of Dryer Thermistor Short Sensed .

so you need to replace the dryer thermistor.

Here is a link to the part.

it is located on the blower housing under the drum ,and the top and front panels will need to be removed to gain access to the thermistor.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermistor/35001191/1185513?rcaid=1000070

If you have any questions just reply back.

I have already replaced the thermistor, the door switch and the belt switch.
I HAVE ALREADY REPLACED THE THERMISTOR, DOOR SWITCH AND BELT SWITCH
Please see previous email

ok then you need to ohm out the new thermistor !

And just because it is new does NOT mean it is good.

If the new thermistor is good then you will have to replace the main control board ,because it thinks the thermistor is bad then.

And when you say thermal fuse doe you mean the cut off thermostat ?

Here is a link to the main control board .

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/35001153/1122533?rcaid=1000070

Master Tech
Master Tech