Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Household Microwave/Convection oven, model No:

Customer Question

I have a Household Microwave/Convection oven, model No: PMV1790SR1SS, serial No: AZ306829K installed in our Motorhome that we purchased in 2013. When attempting to set the temperature or time for baking or time set for microwaving the main control knob does not perform the designed function. This problem is new..............the microwave/oven has always worked as intended.
Question........what is the cause for this problem and how can I get it repaired?
***** ***** *****
Rushville, Indiana 46173 (###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.

Hello, often the GE units with the dial knob that pushes goes out. You need a new control board to fix that issue. They often do not set correctly or start when pressed like they used to, this is very common. You can get this unit repaired by any local appliance repair company. The board is available CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time so all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page. That will allow you to get back to me directly for FREE followup questions anytime thank you!