Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a model DU943PWKTO swhirlpool dishwasher It will not

Customer Question

I have a model DU943PWKTO swhirlpool dishwasher It will not light up or respond we found it with dishes clean but water in the bottom seems like it blew a fuse internally we found some cheese cloth(source unknown) caught in the bottom
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your fuse or control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the fuse or control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced. You can't test the control board but you can test the fuse. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the door apart to test the fuse and replace whatever part is faulty. Once the fuse is removed, just check continuity if you have a multimeter to determine if the fuse is bad or not. If the fuse doesn't have continuity then replace it. If you don't have a multimeter, then just order and replace the fuse as it will be cheaper than buying a multimeter and it will give you the same answer.

CLICK HERE

Below is a link to the fuse if you need to order it since that's the most likely culprit.

CLICK HERE for fuse

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What would cause it to trip? A clogged drain?? If I replace the fuse but don't fix the reason for it to trip then it could do it again.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.

If the racks inside aren't melting down, the fuse just fails because of a bad design. The new fuse comes with new wires because over time they make a bad connection with the fuse and that causes the fuse to heat up. The wires are made of a different material on the new fuse.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
a clogged drain/ pump would not trip the fuse?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.

no, definitely not.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That fuse you sent me the link to is the correct one?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.

no problem, and yes that is the part you need for your model.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your fast and direct help.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.

Not a problem at all. I wish you only the best. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today.