Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Re: Model SHE47C. Dishwasher is about 9 years old. Has

Customer Question

Re: Model SHE47C. Dishwasher is about 9 years old. Has worked perfectly until now. Dishwasher seems to function properly until well into the drying cycle, whereupon it makes a terrible "grinding" noise, like maybe it is still trying to pump out the water and there is none to pump. We open the dishwasher and the dishes are dry for all practical purposes. Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.

Hello, the pump may be running and the impeller may just be bad on the drain pump. Can you take the drain pump out and check the impeller to see if it is loose as would be standard for a unit that old.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is the best way to do that?

You should slide the unit out of the cabinet and remove the left side cover to get at it, watch this video

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please rate my service using the star link on your page thanks