RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.
Experience:  Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, Suburban repairs
3862310

It is level (checked twice), original unit. Tried again on

Customer Question

It is level (checked twice), original unit. Tried again on 120 and now freezer down to 40*. Have checked roof vent, etc. On gas can see burner is on, but small flame good inch from flue tube?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RJ replied 2 years ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Were you working with another tech? What is the model of the Dometic and it sounds like the issue is it is not cooling on both LP and AC?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Robert, you're the only one I have been working with. Started cooling on 120, but gas flame seems low? LP tank almost full all other gas appliances working fine. Just bought unit so don't know when orfice, burner last cleaned. Original fridge and cooling unit (1989)!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Freezer at 40*.
Expert:  RJ replied 2 years ago.

OK

For some reason I can not see the history, can you tell me the model number....

Expert:  RJ replied 2 years ago.

the model number will be on a sticker inside the door, many Dometics start with a RM and then number.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
RM2601
Expert:  RJ replied 2 years ago.

OK...

I am going to put your question back up for other experts, I have not worked on that particular model nor do I have a service manual for it. I do not know when another expert will respond they come and go daily.

Robert

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
RJ should the flame height change when burner is on? Always seems same from lowest setting to max?
Expert:  RJ replied 2 years ago.

No that is set with the knob or thermostat and could be the issue IF it is cooling on AC power. Click HERE for some info on this fridge. I would pull the orifice and soak it in alcohol, if you do not see a difference in the flame from turning the dial I would suspect the thermostat. The manual might help some, it has some troubleshooting near the end... Robert