Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a ge front loader washer, my washer wont spin. In

Customer Question
test mode it does spin...
I have a ge front loader washer, my washer wont spin. In test mode it does spin. I have had repairman out here to tell me its such and such a part and nothing has worked. I have replaced the control board and water pressure switch. Still received error
code 23 had a repairman come out and tell me its the invertor motor still not working plus now I have error code 54 which never had before
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
8/24/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

The 23 error is a water related error, could be a bad fill valve or hole in the pressure tube. Does the unit tumble fine in agitate and time out, but just not spin?

how can you check for hole in pressure tube

Remove the tube from the pressure switch and port on the washer and check it for any holes or worn spots also see if the port is clean and clear.

I checked the water pressure tube and it seems fine, weirdly though while tube was disconnected from pressure valve, I blew air into air pressure valve and it went into spin cycle, I had to do a few times but every time washer filled up to high blew in to water pressure valve and it went right into spin

One sec

I'm sorry not the valve blow in water pressure sensor

I think you may have a bad pressure switch or a clogged pressure tube or port

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician