How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Appliance Medic Your Own Question
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 10831
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Appliance Medic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a JGD8130 gas top. 3 of my burner control valves have

Customer Question

I have a JGD8130 gas cook top. 3 of my burner control valves have stopped turning. Are there any directions for how to replace these valves?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I wish there was. This model is not easy to change the valves on. They each have a small 1/4 screw coming in from the bottom that mounts them to the maniold. The problem is there is no room to move a box wrench or put a socket on the nut. You have to move the nut a little at a time..

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you