Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Whirlpool duet washer is making a gh pitch wine. Not an

Customer Question
whirlpool duet washer is making...
whirlpool duet washer is making a high pitch wine. Not an alarm beep but high pitch all the time. Even when the lights are off and you unplug it and plug it back in. All the time now matter what.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
How do you stop it without leaving it unplugged. Other that the high pitch, it works fine.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/21/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello, the beeper is soldered on the control board, there would be no way to stop it without locating on the board and removing it. I wish there was another way, but there is not to get that to stop whining.

Im not talking about ripping out the beeper. I want to know what to push or reset to stop or reset the whine or high pitch whine.
I think the above comment is with out saying. I'm a refrigeration technician for 20 years. I don't want to unsolder the beeper I want to fix it and stop the whine or high pitch correctly.

There is nothing you can push or do to stop that issue. If you have unplugged i for a minute and plugged it back in and it starts to whine, you would need to replace the board or remove the beeper on the board to stop it. I wish there was another way, but sometimes they fail and I have seen that happen , but those are the only two solutions to fix it. The right one would be to replace the board.

I'm going to leave it disconnected over night, Might be high humidity causing it because it was really humid in the laundry room this evening. Could be the humidity causing it and I'll see about it tomorrow unless someone knows what to do.

Yes if it is really humid the humidity levels could cause the low voltage circuit to conduct on the alarm and could cause the issue. I was not aware that it was that humid in your house. Unfortunately there just is no magic push button sequence to fix this issue, as a 20 year tech you understand.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician