Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

I have a tachi twin tub washing machine model PS-40AP. What

Customer Question

I have a Hitachi twin tub washing machine model PS-40AP. What has happened is that a rat was caught in the washing side of the machine and has chewed a large hole in the white bottom filter that can easily be removed. This hole isn't really critical as is it manufactured with holes in if for draining away the water. The problem is that the rat has also chewed a large hole in the grey cylindrical vertical pipe that is situated between the two tubs. This lifts up to drain the water from the washing tub. It is about 400mm tall and 30mm in diameter and needs to be replaced for the machine to work. I have tried to remove it but unfortunately I cannot see how to do it and need to ask how to remove it. I had hoped I could remove the top spring and lift it up and out but I cannot. I have also tried to take off the top where the controls are and maybe lift it out from the top but I cannot see how to remove the top control panel. The question is which is the best way to remove this cylinder? Thanks!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.

Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Can you tell me the model number please?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hitachi twin tub model number PS-40AP. I'm in country Australia with very poor internet connection so replies may go very slowly.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Ihave put a call out for the schematics of this machine

WhileIm waiting Ill opt out.

Thismeans that if someone else has this information, they will respond toyou directly.

Inthe meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as thiswill lock your question

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Rob, Thanks for that! It is okay. I have to do some other work tomorrow and either Tuesday or Wednesday so I'll get back to you or someone else when I can next look at the machine. Bob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will resubmit my question about the Hitachi twin tub machine.