Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Panasonic Microwave and when I open the door the

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Microwave and when I open the door the microwave starts to operate without heat and it goes off when I close it. Once closed it will work once I program whatever I need to do and it works fine.
How can I stop this? It never happened until a week ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.

The issue you have is that one of the 3 door switches has failed. The microwave will look like it's running when you open the door if one of the 3 door switches isn't working. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to test the actual door switches inside your microwave to know which one to replace. Now access on your microwave is completely different however. You will need to remove 1 screw coming in from the right and left side toward the bottom. Then remove the screws coming in from the back of the microwave along the top, right and left edges. Once all the screws are removed, the entire outer shell will pull straight back, up, and off so that you can test the switched through the right side of the microwave.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.