Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Gas dryer modelMDG6200AWW some times heat sometime not What

Customer Question

gas dryer modelMDG6200AWW some times heat sometime not What could be ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.

If the heating is sporadic, it sounds like your dryer gas coils are beginning to fatigue and will need to be replaced. This is a common maintenance part for gas dryers and the good news is that the part is relatively inexpensive. Below is a link to the coils you'll want to order and replace for your model. The gas coils are located in front of the burner below the dryer drum and only costs about $20. The parts will be made by Whirlpool because Whirlpool owns Maytag since 2006 so don't be confused by who makes the part.

CLICK HERE for gas coils

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?