Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

Thermador DP366CS/02 over door does not close completely.

Customer Question

Thermador DP366CS/02 over door does not close completely. How do I adjust?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

This is normally due to wear in the hinges, rather an adjstment.

If you push the door closed, will it close up but then fall back slightly when you let it go?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It never closes completely, perhaps ¼ inch at top edges, seals at bottom. Brand new oven (stickers were intact until May 2015) but manufactured in 2006 as house was vacant. I took door off and then put back on and now it works
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
i
Thats great news. It was probably where the door was not seated on the hinges correctly. By taking the door off an back on, it has now reseated itself
All the best
Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I appreciate that you got back to me but the problem was already fixed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure how this works. If I rate you 1 star since the problem was fixed before you responded that is bad for you. But I don't feel I should pay as you did not provide instructions to solve and the response was not "live" as the site indicated.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hi

If you dont wish for me to get credit, then I would say its fairest not to rate at all. The site will send automated messages which I would ask you to ignore

Thanks

Rob