Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Whirlpool Electric clothes dryer installed 12/16/2013, Lint

Customer Question
Whirlpool Electric clothes dryer installed...
Whirlpool Electric clothes dryer installed 12/16/2013, Lint pathway problem. Just had roof vent replaced as it was packed so tightly with lint it hold the flap door open at all times. My says that she has never had hardly any lint in the lint trap when she cleans it weekly. I suspect either an installation problem or an internal misrouting of lint bypassing the lint trap. Help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
8/17/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

There is no way to bypass the lint trap. Either the lint filter isn't seated properly, or the vent is clogged not allowing the air to flow through the vent hose properly and thus preventing the lint filter from collecting lint. Unfortunately not all lint will be collected on the lint filter. The majority of it should, but dryer vents require yearly cleaning to work optimally. I suspect that since you have had the roof vent replaced, the drying performance should increase and unless the vent going through the house needs to also be cleaned, the lint filter should again start collecting more lint since air can flow through the vent line properly now.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc