Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My washer is not completely draining

Customer Question

my washer is not completely draining
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have an error code dc at 10 minutes remining
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Error "DC" occurs when the water is too far out of balance. If the unit seems like it's really going out of balance, then the clutch below the tub needs to be ordered and replaced. If the tub doesn't seem like it's going out of balance when it tries to spin but it's giving you the "DC" error, then the out of balance sensor would need to be ordered and replaced. The sensor is mounted in the front left corner of the washer and connects between the outer tub and the outer frame of the washer near the top of the tub. The sensor is part number 12002194 and costs about $85. The clutch is part number 12002211 and costs about $175. These are both parts that you can replace yourself if you're handy because they don't require any specialty tools.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i will replace the sensor first and rate you if it works I was told the handy man to replace the circuit board or the mother board to get the problem fixed. I donot know who is right and who is wrong.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.

OK well the circuit board is definitely not the issue, but I can't control whether or not the sensor or the clutch is faulty. As I stated before, those are your only 2 options.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
only thing is when i run the washer empty it completes it cycle without any problems
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.

Yes, but that can still be caused by both issues although the sensor is more likely---it obviously proves that the control board has nothing to do with the issue.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?