Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I need to change the small drive belt in my Bosch 154142

Customer Question

I need to change the small drive belt in my Bosch 154142 condensation dryer. I have been told that I have to take everything apart.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Depending on the model, the video below may be helpful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeQxFXprWz4
May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. My stackable condensation Bosch dryer is model number WTL 5410. The video you sent is for replacing the tumbler belt. That is not the belt I am needing to replace. The little drive belt is what turns the tumbler belt. It is attached to the large gear right next to the smaller gear that the tumbler belt fits over. It is driven by another gear behind it and that is part of a shaft that appears to go into white plastic boxes on both sides. I cannot figure out how to get into those boxes to get that end of the belt off. (or put the new one in place.) I have taken the top and side off to access the belts, but do not know where to go from here. In the video you sent me, it doesn't show access to that area from the front and I watched another video that didn't show access from the back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is an Axxis model.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

The service manual is available below.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am attaching a picture of what I see when I open the right side panel. As you can see there are coverings over most everything and the manual you sent doesn't talk about getting under the covers.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Or how to get the small belt off of the shaft.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I contacted you on Aug 16. I worked with a technician named Kelly on line August 17 and 18. On Aug. 19 he referred me to another technician (no name given) and said I would receive a reply in 24 hours. It is now 72 hours later. I want to know to to replace
the small drive belt that turns the large tumbler belt on my Bosch Stackable Electric Condensation Dryer Model Axxis WTL 5410. So far from Kelly I received a video on how to replace the tumbler belt. I also received a manual that among other things shows diagrams and information about removing the motor and heater, but nothing specific about that little belt. I have been told that it is a very long and complicated process. I do not want to pay $900 in labor to have a $13.50 belt replaced!