Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an lg true steam gas dryer. When I turn it on it

Customer Question
i have an lg true...
i have an lg true steam gas dryer. When I turn it on it tells me to check filter. Filer is clean and so is the vent line to the outside of the house. If I start it, it does 3-5 turns and just stops. The dry symbol is flashing and the cooling light is solid.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
8/16/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The control monitors the outlet temperature of the exhaust by using a thermistor, an electronic sensor. If the control is reading the resistance of that sensor to be out of range, it assumes the machine is too hot, usually caused by a lack of air flow. So, if the vent is clear and the dryer is not hot, the issue is that the control thinks it is. It may be that the sensor is faulty, there is a poor connection in the circuit between the sensor and the control, or the control is faulty. The most likely is a poor connection or a faulty sensor. Do you have a meter to measure resistance with?

I have a digital dm 380 multimeter. I have never used it. Can you walk me thru it

Sure! You will need to set the meter to read resistance in the tens of thousands.

May I please have your dryer's model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Is this the same as the serial number? I provided that in my original note
Dlgx5171w

I didn't see any numbers in your original post, please forgive me if I overlooked it. Give me just a few minutes to look up your schematic. Can you unplug the dryer and remove the rear panel from the control console, please?

My meter is not working. Is there any alternative than getting someone out to repair it.

Well, you could replace the sensor. It is inexpensive, available below.

CLICK HERE

That sensor is mounted on the blower housing and shown as K550 in the diagram below. It will require the front panel of the dryer to be removed to access it.

CLICK HERE

Kelly, Appliance Technician