Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a KENNMORE Elite Smartheat quietpak 9 dryer that it's

Customer Question

i have a KENNMORE Elite Smartheat quietpak 9 dryer that it's stuck and needs to be reset I believe
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Sorry to hear of your dryer trouble. What exactly is it doing?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The tag should be behind the door around the opening, usually at the top. It will start with 110. and have 8 more numbers.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
MOD is 110.85088401
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. What exactly is it doing?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It wasn't resetting and I could not find the instructions to get it reset. So I looked online... It wasn't allowing me to put it onto the Heavy duty setting... Was looking for the instructions to reseting the control panel
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Well, there is no magic reset process. You can unplug it for at least 15 minutes to clear the electronics, but beyond that, there is only a diagnostics routine. That won't likely help that problem. Unplug it for 15 minutes, any change?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i actually did get it to work again almost right after I requested the assistance from this service But I didn't see anyway to cancel my request
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Well, the diagnostics routine is shown at the link below, should you need it in the future.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks,Is there anything else you can send me, I feel I paid for not much here.. Let me know. Thanks
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.

Were you getting any error codes?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no I wasn't getting any error codes.. None. The buttons were just not doing what they usually do... That's it

Ok when that happens typically it is a sign of the interface board failing. Often the ribbon cable joint either goes bad or depending on humidity levels can cause that to happen. You can remove the top and remove the ribbon cable from the board and reseat it if it happens again and will not work normally. If it continues to be an issue you will need the interface board. They fail fairly often on that unit and I replace probably 6 a year on that model.