Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE gsh25kgmcbb refrigerator and it's leaking onto

Customer Question

Hello, I have a GE gsh25kgmcbb refrigerator and it's leaking onto the kitchen floor. I have a feeling that it's a frozen drain line, but I don't know how to unfreeze it or where to even locate it. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The drain line is behind the rear panel (number 214), inside the freezer section, under the evaporator (228). The diagram is at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I see it in the diagram. How do I get to it? Is there something specific I'm supposed to do after I find it? Just hit it with a hair dryer?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

You will need to remove that number 214 panel to access the drain. Once you have that off, use hot water, not a hair dryer, to thaw the drain. A hair dryer will damage the plastic.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is this a rather common problem with these refrigerators? I'm not totally off-base thinking that it's the drain line, right?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

It is very common and easily diagnosed by the formation of a sheet of ice on the freezer floor.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think that's what concerns me. There is no ice on the freezer floor. This fridge has been installed for about 10 years and has never been disconnected, so I'd have a hard time believing that it is the ice maker connection. Anything else I should look for?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

If there is no ice on the floor of the freezer, the leak is from somewhere else. Any water in the refrigerator under the crisper drawers?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still there? I found the leak.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just pulled the back panel off (I'm sick and running a fever, so I'm a little slow getting to this stuff...). There's a line that runs up the back to the filter, and a second line that comes out of the filter, down the back, and has a 1/2" copper fitting that holds it to a blue round thing (which is under the grey shield in the "IMG_7025" photo that I just attached. That hose has a tiny hole in it, which got worse once I loosened the fitting and pulled it out of the blue thing. The location of it is in the bottom left of the fridge. Can you give me the part number for that hose so I can hire someone to come out and replace that hose?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well, if that thing comes as one part that seems easy enough for me to replace. Will you be online tomorrow? I have a GE parts place here locally that I can get it from and I'll ping you if I have any questions.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I will be here tomorrow.