Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My infinity washer lights up but won't start cycles. it

Customer Question

my infinity washer lights up but won't start cycles. it seems to start but then stops. all the lights are on. I cleaned the drain filter last night. it was pretty full, but did not solve the problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.

Does the pump run when selecting the unit to drain/spin?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when I select rinse and spin, the drum empties then nothing. lights stay on except the sensing light goes out. when I start a wash cycle, the water runs through the detergent dispenser, then everything stops

You likely have a burned out motor control board That is the board down by the motor and will cause that issue.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how can I confirm that?

You can take out the motor control board and visually inspect it for a burn mark on the backside of the board. I would do that.