Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have modelw4xtnwfwq03,i have it outside and the doors have

Customer Question
a film that looks like...
i have modelw4xtnwfwq03,i have it outside and the doors have a film that looks like rust. it comes off with rust removal product, but is begining to look bad. i read that it could be from the "conserve energy" switch and the condensation is coming through. where is the switch so i can turn it off and see if that helps
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/15/2015
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And w4xtnwfwq03 is not a good model number .

Or are you not in the U.S?

it is a Whirlpool refrigerator/freezer that is the number on the plaque..it does say type-14TFA

are you in the U.S.?

And this plaque is it in the fresh food section in the unit?

i am in the USA, it is at a mountain cabin,which i will have to dbl check the model number and get back to you

Yes please do that number is ***** correct.

And if I use a parts dealer that if it is close their system can fix it to the closest match ,and that number will not convert to anything and I even tried just Googling it and nothing comes up .

But I played with the numbers and letters and I found W4TXNWFWQ03 could the T and the X be reversed?

Is this just a standard top mount freezer ?

With metal shelfs.

Write your reply here...i could have reversed the x and t,,,,yes standard top mount freezer

ok so I will go with that. number.

Is this rust all over the doors or just one place? and if you open the fresh food door did you see any condensation on the top rail of the refrigerator cabinet frame just under the freezer door?

And I`m going to assume since it is a cabin it is not air conditioned at all or part of the time.

all over the front doors,,,no condesation to speak of,it is outside under the eaves
i read some where it may have to do with the energy switch? and if i turn the switch off, it should not happen any more

OH OK outside .so you need to do this clean it up as good as you can and then put a good coat of auto wax on it to protect it and it should be fine .

if you have kids give them the Karate kid experience! LOL

it will stop the rust from coming out? i did buy some appliance spray paint. i will use it as a last resort......

yes it should Seal the metal so moisture can not get to the metal .

I even recommend it to my customers on all appliances when I lived in South Florida and the customer either did not have air conditioning or used it very little

ok...will give it a try and let you know how it does. thanks for yor help....

No problem ,good luck .

Always glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question on this issue just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech