Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

Bosh Dishwasher SHX33A05UC/14 was working fine then heard a

Customer Question

Bosh Dishwasher SHX33A05UC/14 was working fine then heard a load high pitch humming that slowly got softer. I removed the filter screens and pushed two buttons to "Cancel-Drain". It drained with no problem. I pushed regular wash and it filled and motor turned on with only a small humming sound but the lower arm has only a small amount of water coming out (as it slowly turns). It now won't "Cancel Drain". I blew out the air gap hose (with air compressor) and hose is clear. I removed the impeller cover and the impeller is turning. The odd thing is when I went to put the impeller cover back on the motor turned on and off many times even with the door open! I repeated this several times by closing the door then opening again and the motor will turn on and off by its self.
The motor is now quite after around 15 minutes of my testing it. I replaced the 2nd timer on this dishwasher a little over a year ago. Could the timer cause the motor not to work correctly? I tried to "Cancel Drain" agai
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

This sounds like a bad circulation pump.

Tell me what happens now if you try to start any new cycle

Thanks

Rob