Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

I have a frigidaire FAD704DWD dehumidifier bought in July

Customer Question

I have a frigidaire FAD704DWD dehumidifier bought in July 2013. We were away in May/June of this year so I just turned it on set to 50%, hooked up a drain line and went away. When I got home it didn't seem to be working the way it had the year before. The filter was not dirty but I cleaned it anyway. I removed the line and discovered that it was blocked. I blew it out and it was clogged with lint. I have been trying to find out why it runs but does not remove hardly any moisture. Only occasionally does the compressor seem to work. The unit is hot. I have a weather station in my basement (my office is there) and the humidity does not change. When I ask the dehumidifier to use the bucket I get almost no water in it even though I have it set on continuous. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been 2 1/2 days since I asked. I gave up, bought a new dehumifier, and do not expect to be charged. It's ridiculous to think that you would expect to be paid. The website should say that you are only available Monday through Friday. The website also said that it could take 15 minutes to one hour. It's been 60!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has now been another 24 hours and NO ONE has contacted me although you have charged my credit card!! Please reverse the charge! The agreement was I would ONLY be charged if I was satisfied with the result. I am NOT.