AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

Whirlpool wdf510psys2 dishwasher panel has no power.m What

Customer Question

whirlpool wdf510psys2 dishwasher panel has no power.m What are my troubleshooting steps?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 2 years ago.

Did you make sure the outlet is working by plugging in a lamp or something?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NO lights at all on it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No lights

How did you check the door switch?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I believe so. it seemed to latch. Pulled out the part that should click also closed the door, clicked it and tried the panel. Still no power

If you are sure the door switch is working then you will need to replace the control board to fix the issue.

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. Please let me know if you need additional assistance or have any other questions. Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no idea if that is what is wrong until I but a $150 part and try it. I've alreadyt tried the two very simple things you suggested, one of which I indicated I had already done.

That is definitely the problem if the door switch is working properly!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We are sure the receptacle works. Is there any wire or fuse to check to make sure that power is even getting to the control panel? It could surely be something other than just the panel.

There is no fuse. Unless the main house breaker is tripped that runs the dishwasher you will need to replace the control board..

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How am I sure that there is power getting to the board. The cord be a problem, right?

You will need to ohm it and make sure there is 120 volts. Yes the cord could be the problem ( I thought you said you checked the plug).

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we checked the plug BUT that doesn't mean that there isn't a problem in between there and the board.