MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Whirlpool Duet Washer. F8E2 code a few weeks ago. Cleaned

Customer Question

Whirlpool Duet Washer. F8E2 code a few weeks ago. Cleaned the dispenser, not the issue. Replaced the detergent dispenser motor then it worked fine for a few weeks. Now when the machine starts it does not introduce the water, the dispenser mechanism keeps moving detergent, then it times out to the F8E2 code again. I just replaced the pressure sensor and the water valve on the back of the machine, did not solve the problem. Just ran the "quick test diagnostics" and water was introduced into the machine (C02). Went to C03 (dispenser motor) and just kept rotating so never made it to C04. Shut off the power, restarted machine, pump emptied all the water, then back into the mode of dispenser just running. I am baffled, at this point
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.

The main control board (CCU) is the problem here as long as the wiring between the dispenser motor and it are fine. Seems you replaced everything but what needed to be.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** worth $28, especially when one is unemployed.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.

Really? What kind of answer were you expecting then? You got an answer to your issue and you spent all sorts of money on unneeded parts without any problem. YOU set the amount you were allegedly willing to pay for an answer, not me.