Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Samsung WF448AAP - Timer freezes

Customer Question

Samsung WF448AAP - Timer freezes
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I purchased a used Samsung WF448AAP Washer. I ran it in Normal Mode with a Tiny Load. The timer started at a little over an hour, the washer spun the drum back and forth adding water once in a while. When the timer reached 48 minutes, it froze and the washer had no action.I tried running it on Spin Only Mode (without removing anything or draining the water from the previous trial). The timer started at 9 minutes, the washer added a bit of water, the timer went down to 8 minutes and froze. The washer had no more action.I tried running it on Normal Mode again (without removing anything or draining the water from the previous trial). The timer started a little over an hour and did not count down at all. The washer had no action.What's a good way to diagnose this problem ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The timer will not advance if the water cannot drain out. I suspect that may be where the issue lies. Do you hear a humming or buzzing from the pump when it freezes at the times you posted?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kelly,I just tried it in Normal Mode and there is no noise and no action from the washer. The timer starts but does not count down.I tried it also in Spin Only Mode. The washer adds some water, the timer goes down one minute, then there is silence and no action from the washer. The timer does not count down any further.Please let me know the next step in diagnosis.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Hmm, that is odd. Does the door lock?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When trying in Normal Mode, the door locks, unlocks, then locks, then does nothing.When trying in Spin Only Mode, the door locks, unlocks, then locks before adding water then does nothing afterwards.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. So, nothing else happens, no motor movement, no pump, the control just shuts off or just stays on but with no other action?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is correct. The washer stays on but there is no action. The timer also does not count down. Please see video for a trial in Normal Mode:
https://youtu.be/8wS5OpKjnyoIn Spin Only mode, the washer adds a bit of water first. It then behaves like it does in Normal Mode with no action, no noise, and a timer that does not count down.The first time I ran Normal Mode right after I picked up this washer, it locked the door, unlocked the door, locked the door, and displayed the timer. The washer started to rotate back and forth and the displayed said weight sensing. After a few minutes, the washer started adding water while continuing to rotate back and forth for 40 minutes before stopping. After it stopped, there is no action, no noise, and the timer froze.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Is it full of water now then?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no water visible in the drum.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

So the pump must have run at some point? If you pull on the door after it locks, does it open?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure if the drain pump has run. The washer has only been in the beginning moments of the cycle where it adds water.
After the door locks, it cannot be pulled open.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

It looks to me like the control has issues. If you select a spin cycle, it should lock the door and energize the drain pump. Since it does not do that, it likely to be the main control has issues. Have you inspected the control area for any loose connections? The connectors used are very small and easily get loose. I would unplug the machine and remove the top panel (screws along the back edge). Then, remove each control connector, one at a time, and reset to the control. Any change after powering back up?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I opened the Main Control Box and there are no loose connections. I removed all the connectors and plugged them all in again. I tried the washer again in both Normal and Spin Only Modes and the same problem continues.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

I suspect that main control board will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you know of a place that sells it for a cheap price ?
I will let you know once I have replaced the Main Control Board to see if the problem persists.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE