Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

My fridge/freezer has been clicking on and off a ton, not to

Customer Question

Hi John my fridge/freezer has been clicking on and off a ton, not to mention the light flickers ?? Now not cool effeciently?? Could the coil or?? Just be dirty? Defrost?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.

does it click for a few seconds ,hum and cut off ? is the fan by the compressor running?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This tray was filled with water , I used wet vac ducked it up and cleaned the fan that is spinning.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I see 2 sets of wires one next to compressor and one next to fan, assuming wires/fan =cook fridge freezer and other are for light?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.

if the fan is spinning but the compressor wont start ? it wont cool ..the compressor has to do all the cooling ..if it is contiually clicking but cant start then the compressor is faulty ,how old is the fridge?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Compressor is running
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 2 years ago.

your sure ? where do you hear this clicking ?..if the compressor wont start it will click every 3-5 min

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I figured it all out on my own. Thank you.