Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool duet washing machine and it flashes a F21

Customer Question
Hi I have a whirlpool...
Hi I have a whirlpool duet washing machine and it flashes a F21 code was wondering what that is ? It don't drain right either.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
8/9/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave. If the washer take more than 8 minutes to drain it will give this long drain code. I will need the model number inside the door opening to give you accurate advice how to correct this.

Hi ok it is running but I hit the pause cancel button and waiting for the door to unlock.

Okay, one style washer has a lower panel that is easy to remove. You can tell because there is an open line going all the way across under the door. If you have this remove the screws down near the floor and remove the panel. I have a video that will make this easier. There is something in either the pump or the pump filer that needs to be removed. Just a sec and I will send a link.

Just checking to be sure, do you have the lower front panel on yours?

Hi the door finally unlocked the serial number is *****

Good, you have the lower access panel. Here is a video to watch first that will help. If you find something in the filter you won't have to replace the pump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Baezjud-gyg

Hi I watched the video and will attempt to fix it. I was wondering when he turned that plastic plug looking thing to drain the excess water out is that where the filter is ?

Yes, the filter is attached to the part that turns. I don't think you will have problems other than there will be a lot of water that comes out unless you can tip it back first.

Hi it's Steve yes the filter was pretty plugged up so I cleaned it and am running the machine now. I can't seem to find the owners manuel don't no if I can download one or order one.

Steve, I can send you a link to the owners manual. Just a sec.

Here you go.

http://shared.whirlpoolcorp.com/assets/pdfs/literature/Use%20and%20Care%20Guide%20-%208183090.pdf

Thanks for everything Dave it seems to be working now.

Great! It's a good feeling not needing to call for a service tech and saves $$.

You were a big help completely satisfied thanks again.

Thanks for your question.

Oops, I forgot to click I was ready to be rated. Thanks.

Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave